Gay.com is an online dating website for adults looking for a match of the same sex. The site is well-designed, and it offers lots of great features. Those who are looking to meet or connect with someone quickly will enjoy the sites live communication features.
Ease Of Use
Setting up a profile on Gay.com is quite easy. The site requires just a few items of very basic info in order to get a profile. Once signed up, users can search through all the member profiles, with members located nearby automatically popping up on the main search page. It is also possible to narrow down the search by appearance, interests, ethnicity and more.
The rest of the site is easy to navigate as well. The My Lists section combines lots of helpful information onto one page: Friends, your Hot List, who has viewed your profile and who thinks you are hot. The chat rooms and instant messaging features are also easy to use, although they do appear in pop-up windows.
Features & Benefits
There are several great features on Gay.com, including:
- Photos: Members can add up to 25 photos to their profile. Lots of users take advantage of this feature, so members often get to look through lots of photos when viewing a profile.
- Chat rooms: There are hundreds of different chat rooms on Gay.com, so it is easy to connect with other users. Chat rooms are organized by geographical location, interests, sexual preferences, etc.
- Hot List: Users can select profiles they like to be added to their Hot List. This is an easy way to keep track of who you are talking to or members you are interested in.
- Video series: Gay.com offers lots of videos on various topics, including news, music, travel and fashion. Users can search through the sites video database or view the ones currently listed on the home page.
- Notes: When viewing a profile, members can add their own personal notes about specific members.
How Safe Is It?
The only personal information that users are asked to divulge on this site is their zip code; the rest of the information they reveal is under their control. Gay.com keeps all of its members private contact information safe and secure so that members only communicate through the site. It is also possible to log on as Invisible so that you can view profiles and use the sites features, but others wont see that you are currently online.
In addition, Gay.com encourages members to be safe when talking online and when meeting in person. They offer helpful safety tips in the websites help section. Paying members also have the option of blocking certain users on the site.
Technology & Customer Support
Gay.com has a number of frequently asked questions in their help section. Compared with many other dating websites, the FAQs are quite thorough and well-organized into various categories. In addition, they allow you to contact customer service either by email or live online chat. However, the chat support is only available to paying members.
Gay.com has quite a large member base. In addition, many members are online at any given time of day, so it is likely that members can start chatting with someone as soon as they log on. The site has a wide range of individuals, so no matter what age, body type, sexual preferences or interests you would like in a potential match, there is a good chance of finding it on the site. Most members are male and many are looking for a casual dating experience or hookup.
Though free members can search through member profiles and communicate with other users, only paying members get access to all of the sites features. Paid membership on Gay.com includes the ability to view full-sized and adult photos on member profiles, access to premium videos and a one-year subscription to OUT Magazine. There are also a few other great perks, like live chat customer support and enhanced email features.
Here is a breakdown of the prices of the different membership packages:
- One week Package – $6.99
- One Month Package – $11.99
- 3-Month Package – $29.99/month
- 1-Month Package – $89.99/month
Pros Of Using Gay.com
There are several benefits to using Gay.com, including:
- Customer support: Unlike many dating websites, customer support is available via live chat, which is only for paid members.
- Notes: Users can remember great facts and tidbits about members they have communicated with thanks to the option of adding notes onto each profile.
- Active members: Many users are quite active on the site, which makes chat rooms lively and offers lots of options for instant communication.
Cons Of Using Gay.com
There are also a few drawbacks to using Gay.com, such as
- Pop-ups: Because pop-up windows are used for instant messaging and chat rooms, you have to disable all the pop-up blockers on your computer before using this feature. This can be a hassle if you also want to turn those pop-up blockers back on when you are not on the site.
- Casual dating: This site is not a great choice for individuals who want a serious or long-lasting relationship.
Who Should Use Gay.com
Gay.com is a great site that is open to gay men and women, including transgender individuals. The site welcomes users looking for any type of relationship, including everything from friendship to long-term romantic relationships, but users will find that most members want conversation, casual dates or a hookup. Therefore, it is a great site for those who are just looking to date around or get to know people, but not the best choice for someone wanting a serious relationship.
The Final Say
Gay.com is a great website for men and women who want to have fun and enjoy a casual dating experience with members of the same-sex. It may be a challenge for someone who wants a serious relationship to find a good match on this site. However, those who do want a casual experience will find that the site is well-organized, easy-to-use and relatively affordable.
This site offers great perks for paying members, including live chat customer support. In addition, the site takes measures to help protect users and encourages lots of instant communication.